Wednesday 1 April 2009

Tweet!

The other day my good and dear friend asked me why I wasn't on Twitter. I dunno, says I, I don't know anyone on it (I think) and I'm not all that interested in following celebrities. I really don't care what they're doing.... I petered out, because at this point my friend is raving about a comedian she follows whose name escapes me right now but I know he's really funny (he is, really!) and Stephen FRY is so GOOD! So tonight I can't sleep (again), I'm excited about finishing my job tomorrow, which makes it sound like it was awful but it wasn't, I'm just looking forward to being with the kiddies full time again and not doing the commute, but that's another post. Anyway, I can't sleep so I've popped on the 'pooter and given in. I've registered for Twitter. I'm now following Barak Obama. I've no idea how I did that. I mean, I'm not a complete neophyte when it comes to using technology but quite how I came to be following the leader of the free world is beyond me. I googled Twitter and it came up with Barak so I clicked on the link, then did the join thing and lo and behold I'm a follower of BH Obama. I then think, okay, would be nice to find other people I know although with anonymous usernames I've no idea how I'm supposed to find them. So I click on the 'Find People' link and it comes up with the following message:

Twitter is stressing out a bit right now, so this feature is temporarily disabled.

Story of my life! For some reason I find this very funny. I'm still not asleep though, so going to have to work on that. I'm more likely to fall asleep with my head on my pillow than doing this blog entry, so fare well and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment