Thursday 22 January 2009

I Never Could Get the Hang of Thursdays Pt II

I really do have issues with Thursdays, but today seems particularly bad. I really feel for the people of Zimbabwe. The day Mugabe leaves can't come too soon. He may once have been a good leader, but he's just a power-mad paranoid now. The people are suffering needlessly and I wonder when governments are going to step in. I'm sure people have said it before, but if Saddam Hussein was bad enough to be bombed out of office, their surely Mugabe is too? I'm not in favour of war, but something has to change there. I don't know what the answer is...

The people of Gaza... when will justice be done for those people? When will Israel stop their persecution? I wish the Palestinians could send their kids to school, go to work and the supermarket and do all the ordinary things, same as me. I wish they only had to worry about money, or finding the right school or making sure their kids have every possible opportunity, same as me. Instead, they're just trying to survive. I can't imagine what that's like. Here am I, with my nice new dream car and they don't even have running water. What is going on in the world? I wish I could make a difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment