Thursday 29 January 2009

I'm having a moment...

I just want to curl up in a ball in my bed and shut my eyes to everything. I want to escape to somewhere I can be totally separate from everything. I can't understand a world where fathers kill their children, mothers kidnap their own children for money, governments oppress the poor and the weak, close their eyes to injustice, a world where being on top is more important than being kind and generous. I don't understand why I can't seem to make those closest to me understand how I feel. It's not that they're not listening, I just can't seem to say the words that need saying to the people who need to hear them.

I want to be somewhere quiet. There's no whine of a computer, no hum from the fridge. There's no-one asking me for anything, no-one to protect from harm. I want to be where there's no washing machine, no cars, no sirens, no television and no internet. Heaven is a beach, perpetual sunshine and fish. I think I would actually enjoy being a castaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment