Sunday 23 November 2008

Easy Like Sunday

Well, today on the way to church the car clunked out of gear no less than three times before I'd even left Woking, which left me feeling rather concerned, given the roads were very icey this morning and it was pouring with rain. Definitely time to go car shopping. A Volkswagon Passat, methinks. For the same money, as far as I can tell (which isn't very, as many people who know me can attest) we could get a BMW with three times the mileage but it's not worth it for the badge. A VW is a perfectly respectable car. Plus it's got built-in car seats which should give the kiddies much more room in the back without us having to buy an MPV...

In other news, I came across an article on the beeb by Clive James on swearing. This had particular resonance with me, because just recently I've been posting on a facebook discussion board about the inappropriateness of people's language (among other things to really get them worked up *lol*). The way these people were talking about other people they didn't even know was hugely offensive to me. I wouldn't say I'm a prude (maybe I am, feel free to disagree!) and I think swearing has its place (particularly when you're stuck behind a numpty doing 30 in a 60 zone but that's another blog entry...). I love comedians like Billy Connolly. Blue as an Antarctic fly and pants-wettingly funny, but anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment